my intimidating tbr pile tag

Hello friends! Today I'm doing a tag because I haven't read anything in the past 2 months (I know, it's sad), so I don't have much to post about. I found this tag on Sam's youtube channel, but this was originally created by the lovely Lindsey. I loved seeing their answers and so I decided to write my own! Maybe they'll help me get out of this huge reading slump. 

1. What book have you been unable to finish?

(at this moment, probably every single book I try to read because of this aweful reading slump, but let's move on). For this question I'm going to pick The Martian by Andy Weir. I know I'm going to love this book so much, but I can't seem to be able to continue reading it at the moment. I don't want to force myself into reading a book I know I will love, especially because I'm on this reading slump, but I really want to get through it and see the movie afterwards. 

2. What book have you yet to read because...
    
    a) ... you just haven't had the time?

This is definitely Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas for me! I tried reading it during my winter break from uni, but there wasn't enough time to get through it all since I still had exams and a lot of things to do. I want to read it without distractions and university is my biggest distraction right now. I'm waiting for summer break so I can finally read this beauty of a book!

    b) ... it's a sequel?

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski! I still haven't read The Winner's Curse, unfortunately *sigh*.

    c) ... it's brand new?

I would probably pick Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, but I still have yet to read The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices trilogy. What a shame!! (But I will read them, I promise).

    d) ... you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?

I don't think I have any, so I'm going to change this question to "...you read a book by the same author and still have yet to read the rest of her books?" With that change, I'm going to pick Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson. I'm so looking forward to reading this book, but I'm waiting for summer so I can have all the summer-y feels!

    e)  ... you're just not in the mood for it?

As much as it pains me to say this... I'm not in the mood for The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas. Don't get me wrong, Sarah is the queen and I'm in love with everything she writes. I just don't feel like reading about Celaena's life before the Throne of Glass series. I know I'll probably love it anyways (and I'll probably love Sam as well), but I just want to read what's going to happen in the series. I know I have to read it though. I'm 100 pages in but I can't seem to continue this book. 

    f) ... it's humongous?

I could pick Queen of Shadows again, but I won't. Instead, I'm going to pick The Goldfinch by Donna Tart. I bought this book a few years ago and Is till have yet to read it. But even though it's humongous, I feel like I won't understand it just yet, so I think I'll read it in a few years.

    g) ... because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?

I haven't bought any books because of their covers recently, but there are a few books that I bought that turned out to have lower reviews from what I usually go for. I didn't really use goodreads back then. I think I'm going to pick The Metamorphosis by Frank Kafka. I actually thought this book had great reviews. I bought it because I really wanted to read some of his works, but I haven't been able to pick it up (and it's so short!).


2. What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?

Definitely The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I'm really intimidated by everything Brandon Sanderson writes, but I need to read this book so I can love it as much as everyone else! I feel like I'm missing out on so much because I haven't read any of his works.

10. Who do you tag?

YOU! Seriously, if you feel like doing this tag (because that's what happened to me), then go for it because I had a lot of fun writing it! If you don't feel like writing a blog post (or you don't have a blog), you can let me know the books you really want/need to read asap

No comments